Everything You Need to Know About Extract Making in One Place
Within our private Facebook group called "Making Vanilla Extract at Home by VanillaPura." We have thousands of members that love talking about the ins and outs of extract making. If you haven't joined yet, just click on this link to join now. If Facebook isn't your thing, we have captured some of the most popular topics right here on this page.
Click on any link to learn more about these extract making essentials and check back often as this list continues to change:
- Vanilla Extract Recipes
- Where do I buy my vanilla beans?
- Where do I buy my extract jars?
- How many vanilla beans do I need?
- Single Fold vs. Double Fold?
- Do I use grade-A or grade-B vanilla beans?
- How do different vanilla beans taste?
- How do I care for my vanilla beans when they arrive?
- How do I know when my extract is ready?
- Do I slice my beans or leave them whole?
- How do different alcohols taste in vanilla extract?
- Why use different alcohols in vanilla extract?
- What is a mother jar?
- What kind of jars or bottles should I use?
- What is the difference between whiskey and bourbon?
- Vanilla Paste Recipe
- Free Homemade Extract Label Downloads
We will continue to add to this list with "hot topics" discussed with our vanilla extract making pros. Join us on Facebook or just check back here for the latest and greatest in at-home-extract-making tips!
For those of you interested in growing your own vanilla orchid, one of our VanillaPura pros is growing vanilla orchids in Florida to harvest his own vanilla beans.
You can follow his journey right here.