We get a lot of inquires about vanilla paste and why we don’t offer it as an option on our site.
Here’s the skinny... VanillaPura is all about keeping things pure and clean, so you can be adventurous and creative in how and what you add to your vanilla. Vanilla bean paste is also very expensive to make because you need quite a few good quality beans. And vanilla beans, well, they are pricey. That being said, we leave it up to you.
So… if you are wanting to make some Vanilla bean paste on your own, keep reading!
What’s great about vanilla bean paste?
It’s stronger and more flavorful than vanilla extract. If you're in a hurry, it’s quicker to use than scraping out a vanilla bean, AND you are using the entire bean. Not just the seeds! If you are baking something sweet and you want that vanilla flavor to really stand out, the paste is a nice option. It can last at least 2-3 years. Keep it in an air tight jar away from direct heat and sunlight. If you keep it in the refrigerator, the vanilla will separate and will not last as long.
The vanilla bean paste you’ll find in the stores are notoriously heavy with corn syrup. If that’s ok, there are a ton of recipes out there to choose from. I went searching for something a little cleaner than the store bought versions. This recipe has no corn syrup or white sugar.
Add it to some yummy cream cheese frosting, Bavarian cream, or homemade vanilla ice cream. I’m sure you will notice the difference!
- 30 VanillaPura beans (you choose your favorite)
- 4 Tbsp VanillaPura extract
- 1 2/3 cups of agave nectar ( you could try vegetable glycerin for sugar free option)
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth (you can chop up the vanilla beans if you want to save some time).
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a bowl and pour the mixture inside.
- Press on the vanilla bean "pulp" to get as much liquid out. Pour the strained vanilla paste liquid into a jar and seal tightly. Store in away from direct heat and sunlight.
This specific recipe came from Desserts with Benefits. We like it because it is pure, clean, simple and has no artificial additives.