Using a cocktail smoker is a creative way to make your own gourmet finishing salts. Just imagine the flavor of vanilla, with a smokey oak, salty addition, to your grilling meats and savory sauces. The applications are limitless!
-2-3 vanilla beans (Sumatra and Indonesian vanilla beans have a lovely smokey undertone, but use whatever is YOUR favorite)
-8oz of sea salt flakes
-1oz VanillaPura American heavy toast oak blocks
- Place the vanilla beans, sliced, and scraped into a 16 oz jar.
- Add the sea salt.
- Place the Oak blocks in a cocktail smoker filter on a jar, torch, and place the lid on.
- Allow the smoke to fill the jar and permeate the vanilla beans and sea salt flakes.
- Remove the cocktail smoker and place the oak blocks, when cooled, into the jar and replace the lid.
- Shake lightly and store in a cool dry place.
Your smoked vanilla sea salt is now ready to use!
MoonBabe Olivia, Thank you for sharing your recipe! :)