What do you do with toasted hazelnuts from your extract? Well, you make hazelnut sugar, of course!
Vicki shares that when changing her hazelnut extract out after 6 weeks, she did not want to throw out the hazelnuts. So… she thought about infusing them into sugar. She hopes you enjoy this recipe!
-4-Cups of Drunken Hazelnuts
-6-8-Cups of Sugar
-4-6 Madagascar Vanilla Beans
-2-3-Drunken Cinnamon Sticks
Use 2-4-Quart size mason jars
- Dehydrate the nuts on high overnight. (105-150 degrees 12-24 hours)
- On a cookie sheet place some parchment paper down spread nuts apart on cookie sheet with the Drunken cinnamon Sticks and the Vanilla beans you have saved.
- Roast them in a preheated oven at 350* for 10-15 Minutes keep an eye on them so they don't burn. After roasting them, place them on a paper towel and rub them so any skins left will come off.
- After roasting them along with the Cinnamon and Vanilla beans Let them cool to room temperature and place a Cup at a time in a Grinder.
- I pulsated them until I got to the consistency I was looking for. I used Vita- Mixer. Do the same to the remaining nut mixture. Remember not to put too many in at once!
- Do not over mix are you will have Hazelnut butter. Once again, you're gonna need to bake the nut mixture on a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the mixture on the sheet and Roast in oven 10 to 15 minutes at 350*. Let it rest for about an hour.
- Test the nut mixture to make sure that it's not too moist...I used quart size Mason jars and layered the nut mixture-1/2-cup with a 1/2-cup sugar until jar was full This will look like edible sand art, take a picture!
Thank you Vicki, your sharing your recipe!:)