Looking for something easy to bring for Easter brunch? This recipe has it all! Starts with a perfect buttery moist cake, mix with raspberries and lemon, and finally topped with the most delicious, sweet-tart glaze. Yum!
Ingredients for loaf cake
- 188 grams (1 ½ cup) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla ( Tongan V. plantifolia in vodka)
- 266 grams (1 ⅓ cup) Granulated Sugar
- 6oz (¾ Cup) Unsalted Butter, at room temp.
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 3 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 heaping Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 4oz (½ cup) Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- 8oz Raspberries (fresh or frozen-if frozen keep frozen until you fold them in the batter)
Ingredients for lemon glaze:
- 188 grams (1 ½ cup) powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
Instructions for loaf cake
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer combine sugar and butter for 3-4 minutes, so it's nice and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time and vanilla. Mix in lemon rind and juice. Fold in the dry mixture. Then fold in Greek yogurt, then gently fold in raspberries.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before starting glaze.
Instructions for lemon glaze:
- While the cake is cooling prepare lemon glaze. In a bowl combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon rind. Drizzle on top of the cake when it is completely cool. Store cake in an airtight container, store in the fridge to last longer.
Kudos to Confessions of a Baking Queen for this sweet recipe!