Looking for the perfect Mother’s Day breakfast you actually want to eat? I PROMISE this is so SIMPLE, even your kids and hubby can put this together! Prepare the night before and just pop it into the oven in the morning. And WAHLA!
Tell them they can make this, AND still get to sleep in! They might just be up for it:).
This croissant puff is something like a deconstructed cream cheese danish, with a colorful and fruity flair of raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries. You can really add any berries you like. How about peaches in August? Sounds perfectly delicious!
But…the best part of this dreamy breakfast is… the ooey gooey vanilla glaze poured over the top! It really is the glaze that pulls this breakfast together. You gotta try it!
- 4 large croissants sliced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1/2cups mixed berries (I used raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries)
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1cup milk (whole or 2%)
- 1/2cup granulated sugar
- 2large eggs
- 1tsp VanillaPura Madagascar extract
- 1tsp lemon zest
VANILLA BEAN GLAZE:
- 1/2cup powdered sugar
- 2-3Tbsp heavy cream (or half and half and milk)
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste (or VanillaPura Madagascar extract if you don't have the paste)
- Grease an 8x8" baking dish, fill with sliced croissants and mixed berries. Set aside.
- Add cream cheese to mixing bowl and beat with hand mixer until smooth. Add milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla and lemon zest and beat until combined.
- Pour mixture over croissants and berries.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove baking dish from refrigerator and let sit on the counter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake, covered with aluminum foil, for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake uncovered for 15 minutes, until golden and when a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- While casserole is baking, add powdered sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla bean paste to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine until smooth and pourable.
- Drizzle glaze over croissant puff after it's finished baking. Serve warm.
Kudos to Real House Moms for sharing this yummy recipe!:)