Whether you’re looking for a drink to round out your end of summer BBQ, or just want to have some quick caffeine on hand throughout the day, you’ll love this peach and vanilla bean iced tea recipe. We’re sharing all the tips and tricks you need to make the most flavorful, refreshing sweetened iced tea. We like to add our Tahiti Vanilla Beans to this recipe to added sweet, vanilla goodness. Cheers!
- 6 peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 VanillaPura Tahiti vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped
- 1 tablespoon/15ml loose green or black tea leaves or 4 tea bags
- Split VanillaPura vanilla beans, for garnish *optional
- Bring 3 cups (750ml) water and the sugar to a boil in a pot. Add the peaches and vanilla bean (including the seeds). Simmer over medium heat for about 30 minutes. Discard the vanilla bean.
- Pour the peaches and syrup into a blender and puree until smooth. Strain the peach puree through a sieve into a pitcher.
- Bring 4 cups (1 liter) water to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat, add the tea and steep according to the package directions.
- Strain to remove the tea leaves, then add the tea to the pitcher with the peach puree. Stir to combine. Refrigerate until cold.
- The pulp from the fruit may have separated from the tea during chilling, so be sure to stir it before serving.
- Pour over ice cubes in tall glasses and garnish with vanilla beans.
Thank you Cooking Channel for sharing!