Roxann is one of the wonderful and engaging group members in our private Facebook Group, Making Vanilla Extract by VanillaPura. Earlier this week, Roxann shared her recipe for chocolate zucchini bread that absolutely looked divine. The best part? She added in homemade vanilla sugar and Madagascar Extract using our vanilla beans! We are thrilled to share her recipe in her own words and pictures.
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of white vanilla bean sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini (packed and drained)
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bread pan
- Whisk together melted butter, oil, and sugars until dissolved
- Stir in eggs and vanilla extract. Mix well
- Blot the zucchini with a paper towel and add to the mixture. Stir well.
- Stir in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold in 1/2 of the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes adding the remaining chocolate chips on top of the bread after about 30-40 minutes.
- Check that the bread is done with a toothpick.
- Allow time to cool. Cut and Enjoy!