Wondering what else you can do with your vanilla extract or beans? Make homemade Irish cream! It can be used for so much more than just coffee or hot chocolate. You can add it to ice cream, cakes, cookies, and donuts. Take those ordinary brownies to the next level of deliciousness. If you are not a coffee lover, substitute the coffee granules for almond or orange extract, maybe even some raspberry liquor. The great thing is... you get to choose!
- 1 cup heavy cream or half & half
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1.5 teaspoon VanillaPura extract or the seeds from 1 or 2 vanilla beans.
- 1 2/3 cup Irish whiskey (I like Jameson). This can be a little strong for some, so add a little at a time to your liking.
Makes 4 cups
- Place the cream, sweetened condensed milk, instant coffee granules, chocolate syrup, vanilla, and mix on low speed for 30 seconds. Speeds too high may cause curdling texture.
- Then add the whiskey with the blender going, at a very slow speed, and give it a whirl for a few more seconds.
- Transfer the Baileys Irish cream into sterilized glass bottles with tight-fitting lids and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
- Shake well before use.
Put this in cute little jars and you’ll have the perfect gifting goodies!
Here's a video tutorial: