Are you looking for that perfect summer dessert? This is it! No cook homemade cookie butter ice cream. I have to admit… I’m a cookie butter cookie junkie! Trader Joe’s Where are your cookie butter cookies!!!
I hide them from my kids, because its just my special little secret treat that I have absolutely no desire to share. I know it sounds a little selfish, but every mom has got to have her secret treat that she nibbles on while watching her favorite show… uninterrupted!
I thought the cookies were that special treat. But now that its summer and it’s hotter than Hades, I’m in need of some summer sustenance, meaning…ice cream!
Maybe it was magic or just destiny, but I came across this recipe from cute Tessa at Handle the Heat. Cookie butter AND ice cream!! This is a little harder to hide from my 2 boys so I’ve ended up sharing after all.
I love love love this ice cream! It's so easy to make and no cooking required!
Make sure the ice cream mixture is completely chilled before churning. If it’s not cold enough it’ll just be soup and never thicken into ice cream.
Same goes for the ice cream freezer bowl. Ensure it is completely frozen before churning.
- 3/4 cup cookie butter spread, divided
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk, chilled
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1 tablespoon Madagascar vodka VanillaPura extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 Speculoos cookies, chopped into small chunks
- Place 1/2 cup of the cookie butter in a heat-safe bowl and microwave until just melted. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cookie butter, milk, and sugar until the sugar is dissolved, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the cream, Madagascar vanilla, and salt until combined. Place in the refrigerator until well chilled, at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day. Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. In the last few moments of churning, gradually add in the Speculoos cookie chunks until and continue churning until incorporated.
- Slightly melt the remaining 1/4 cup cookie butter spread. Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container in batches, spooning the Speculoos spread in between layers of ice cream in a swirled pattern. Cover the ice cream surface with plastic wrap and freeze until the ice cream is firm and flavor is ripened, at least 2 hours.
Have fun cooling off with this summer gift of goodness!