Spoil that special woman in your life for Mother's Day with these light and fluffy inside, crispy and golden outer Vanilla Bean Waffles. They may just about be the best invention for breakfast, since sliced bread got a one-up and became toast!
These waffles are designed to be especially light, fluffy and sweet with a unique blend of ingredients that results in an original waffle experience that you just need to try for yourself.
- 1/2 Cup of Unsalted Butter
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2/3 Cup of Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon Madagascar Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 Tablespoons of Caster Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
Making the Waffle Batter
- Place the unsalted butter into a small saucepan on a low – medium heat. Allow the butter to completely melt. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- While the butter is cooling crack the eggs into a large bowl. Give them a quick whisk.
- Add the milk, sugar and Madagascar Vanilla Bean paste to the eggs and lightly whisk to combine.
- Once cooled add 1/2 cup of the melted butter into the egg, milk, sugar, Madagascar Vanilla Bean paste mixture and whisk briefly to combine (wet ingredients).
- Weigh the flour and sift along with the baking powder and salt into the bowl containing the wet ingredients.
- Gently mix both the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined – over mixing will lead to tough waffles.
Prepping the Waffle Iron
- While the Waffle Maker is switched off, brush the melted butter so that it completely covers each of the waffle plates.
- Close the waffle maker and switch on.
- Using oven gloves, to protect your hands, as the top of the waffle make plus the waffle plates get very hot, press the button and open the waffle maker.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup.
- Close the lid of the waffle maker and set a timer for 5 minutes.
- Ensure the room is well ventilated as the cooking process produces steam.
- I found 5 minutes to be the optimum time for cooking these Vanilla Bean Waffles in this waffle maker. Adjustments to time maybe needed if using a different brand.
- Really enjoy the smell as the waffles are cooking – don’t be surprised if your neighbors line up at your front door!
*Optional Topping Ideas: Fresh strawberries, whipped cream, powdered sugar, Nutella, Syrup, and more!
Thanks Feasting is Fun for sharing!