One of our favorite parts of our Facebook group, Making Vanilla Extract by VanillaPura is seeing the creativity of our group members. Our dear Lori is at it again and shared a recipe she created for Cinnamon Rum Cream. Lori was so generous as to share this recipe with us and we are so excited to share it with you in her own words and pictures! The world is a better place because of Lori and her vanilla bean sweet qualities.
- 3 cups Half and Half
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2/3 cup Simple Syrup (1 cup if you want it sweeter)
- 4 teaspoons Ceylon Cinnamon Extract
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract made with VanillaPura Vanilla Beans
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Nutmeg Seed broken into pieces
- 1-1/2 cups (1 cup for milder flavor, 2 cups or stronger flavor) Goslings Black Seal Rum (or any dark rum)
- Make simple syrup with 1/2 sugar, 1/2 water ratio, place the broken nutmet seed into the pot, bring to a boil for one minute, then remove from heat, allowing it to cool completely. Strain the nutmeg.
- Place all ingredients except the rum into a measuring cup or bowl, and stir gently with a wire whisk. Slowly add the rum, and continue to stir gently until combined. Enjoy.
- Keep refrigerated.