How do I submit recipes to VanillaPura?
Earn a FREE $25 VanillaPura e-Gift card if your recipe is posted on our blog!
We have some of the most talented extract makers, chocolatiers, dessert makers, pastry makers, cooks and recipe inventory in the world in our global network of extract making friends. We love sharing their amazing talents with the world!
If you have a recipe and would like to submit it for publication to one of our blogs, the format below will help to ensure that your recipe is selected.
please make sure you follow this format:
- Recipe Title
- Recipe introduction
- Tell us about this recipe. Why you like it. Some of it's applications. What time of year it's best to make, etc.
- Recipe yield: How much extract or how many servings the recipe makes.
- List all of the ingredients needed for this recipe and the amount of each ingredient.
- List any tools that you might need. (Jar size, strainer, etc.)
- Detailed Instructions.
- List step by step, detailed instructions in the correct order.
- Don't forget items such as oven temperature, time, storage, shelf life, etc.
- Any final tips and tricks that the reader might need?
- Please include at least one nice image of your finished recipe. Any other images showing various steps are also helpful.
That's it! We look forward to reading your submissions and hope that we can add your recipe to our website soon!
Please note that it may take several weeks before we are able to review and approve your recipe. You will hear from us only if the recipe is approved to be published. Thank you!!
Below is an example of how your recipe should be formatted. Given the number of submissions we receive, we will naturally select those that are formatted nicely first. So please take time to ensure that your recipe is detailed and follows these guidelines, as it will help us to select your submission before others.
Email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the recipe title in the subject.
EXAMPLE RECIPE FORMAT:
Vanilla Bean Sweet Dream Extract
This blended vanilla bean extract is perfect for all sweet treats between Halloween and New Year’s Eve. The use of Mexican and Indian vanilla beans within this recipe provides spicy mocha undertones with rummy notes of sweet molasses. It can be used in both sweet and savory dishes. Add a splash to the holiday ham as it’s baking. Use it in pumpkin-spiced baked goods. You can even add a teaspoon to your holiday coffee, cider, or Hot Toddy! This extract truly has endless applications during the holidays.
Makes about 8 ounces of extract
Extract time: 12 months
Jar size: 8 ounces or larger
1/2 ounce Mexican vanilla beans
1/2 ounce Indian vanilla beans
1 Ceylon cinnamon stick (Cassia cinnamon will also work)
1 whole nutmeg
1 teaspoon whole allspice berries
8 ounces 70–100 proof vodka
- Slice the vanilla beans lengthwise or leave them whole if desired, and place them in the jar.
- Break the cinnamon stick in half and add both halves to the jar.
- Place the whole nutmeg on a cutting board and cover with a dish towel. Using a kitchen mallet, break the nutmeg into 4–7 small pieces, then add the nutmeg pieces to the jar.
- Add the allspice berries to the jar, then pour the vodka over all the ingredients, making sure everything is fully submerged in the spirit.
- Seal the jar tightly and store it in a cool/dark place for 1 month.
After 1 Month
- Remove both halves of the cinnamon stick.
- Seal the jar tightly and store for 3 months.
After 4 Months
- Remove the nutmeg and allspice berries by pouring the extract through a strainer or coffee filter. Return the extract and the vanilla beans to the jar.
- Seal the jar tightly and store for another 8 months.
After 12 Months
- Taste test the extract by adding 1–2 drops of extract to 1 tablespoon of milk or milk alternative. If you like the taste, then your extract is now ready for use. If not, continue to store and taste test at 1-month intervals.
- When ready to use, either remove the beans or leave them in if preferred, ensuring that they are cut or folded small enough to remain submerged in the alcohol.