We are big hot chocolate fans over here and we also happen to be big pumpkin fans! This recipe is the best of both worlds and is a great way to use up leftover pumpkin. It is super easy to make and is a drink that can be loved by people of all ages! Try enhancing your whipped cream by adding vanilla sugar to it! We promise, you won't be disappointed!
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1/8 tsp. cloves
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract made with VanillaPura vanilla beans. (We recommend Hawaiian or Madagascar with this recipe.)
- 4 oz. white chocolate, chopped
- pinch salt
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the milk, pumpkin and spices and heat over medium heat just until the mixture begins to simmer.
- Remove from heat and add in the chopped white chocolate and stir together until completely melted and fully incorporated.
- Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
Notes: I found the mixture a bit to chunky to drink, so I pressed it through a sieve and it tastes amazing! By doing this, you cut down on the amount of servings and get 2 to 2.5 servings. Alternatively you could pour the mixture in a blender and get the same results and still yield 4 servings.