Looking for that perfect Easter dessert AND something to make with limoncello?! This is the perfect hello-spring dessert to brighten any easter gathering.
- 1- 8 oz. tub of mascarpone cream, room temperature
- 1/2 vanilla bean pod (seeds removed)
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1- 10 oz. jar of lemon curd
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- zest of one lemon
- 1- 7 oz. package of Savoiardi ladyfingers, half of the bag with each cookie cut in half
- ¾ cup of limoncello
- ¾ cup of warm water
- 3-4 tablespoons, lemon juice
- a couple tablespoons of granulated sugar to taste dissolved into it
- lemon zest and raspberries
- In a shallow bowl mix up your limoncello for dipping, either straight up or cut it with the water, lemon juice and sugar if alcohol content is too high for your taste.
- In a bowl with an electric hand mixer, add the mascarpone cream, the zest of one lemon, vanilla seeds and two tablespoons of powdered sugar, mix until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in ¾ of the 10 oz. jar of lemon curd into the cheese mixture.
- In a separate bowl whip up the heavy cream until you have stiff peaks.
- Fold the heavy cream gently into the mascarpone and lemon curd mixture until well combined.
- Start with a little cream on the bottom, then add the dipped ladyfingers on top, arranging it to fit your glass, then more cream mixture.
- Just keep repeating until you get to the top of the glass.
- Garnish with lemon zest, a drizzle with the remaining lemon curd and a raspberry.
- Cover gently with plastic wrap and refrigerate hours before serving or preferably overnight.
A big thank you to the prouditaliancook for sharing this recipe!