Looking for the perfect sweet recipe to accompany your savory dish for Easter Brunch? This cake is super easy and delicious. The vanilla and amaretto flavors marry so well together. It will easily become a go-to recipe. Make it in a jiff for those last-minute guests. Don’t forget the coffee with an extra splash of amaretto. It makes all the difference!
- 1 yellow cake box
- 1 (5.1 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur (or make some homemade)
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract (or make some homemade)
- ½ cup amaretto liqueur
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 vanilla bean (seeds removed and separated)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, instant vanilla pudding, water, oil, almond extract, seed from ½ vanilla bean, and 2 tablespoons of the amaretto blend together well. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of cake comes out clean. Remove cake from oven and while it is still warm, poke holes in the surface.
- Drizzle with the Amaretto Glaze: Sift the confectioners' sugar, ½ the seeds from the vanilla bean, combine it with the remaining 1/2 cup amaretto. Blend until smooth. You may add more amaretto or sugar as needed.
- Let the cake cool for at least 2 hours before removing from the pan.