fudgy festive brownies
Need to bring something to a Halloween party? Everyone likes brownies. Can I just say… please don’t ever bring brownies from a box! You know what brownies from a box says? It says…you’ve given up! There are so many super simple scratch brownie recipes out there. Just turn on your computer and you’ll have a zillion in seconds. Pick one and it will be better than anything in a box!
But these brownies, are special. They are dense, fudgy and rich. They are slightly chewy at the edges and incredibly moist and fudgy underneath. It’s made with a little less sugar and whole wheat flour, and you can’t taste the difference!! Something you can’t get from a box. Can you tell I really dislike boxed brownies?!
Use this as your standard go to brownie recipe. You won’t be disappointed.
- 1 cup butter melted
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar 500g
- 1 tbsp VanillaPura Madagascar/rum vanilla extract.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour or sub all-purpose (about 195g)
- 1 cup cocoa about 80g
- 1/2 tsp salt
- chocolate chips for sprinkling on top or to mix in, optional
- basic white frosting
- candied eyes from the baking isle at the grocery store.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar and vanilla with a whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in flour, cocoa and salt until combined.
- Line a 9x13" pan with tin foil and spray with non-stick spray. Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake for 26-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Add the frosting and googley eyes for the mummy effect, or leave them plain, they are just as good.
Thanks to the recipe rebel for sharing!