Strawberries are officially in season and what better way to take advantage of this than by making some fresh strawberry extract? Strawberry extract will be the perfect addition to desserts, fruit salads, and to some ice-cold drinks and smoothies this summer to cool off!
- 8oz fresh strawberries
- 8oz Everclear 195%
- Rinse and pat dry strawberries.
- Remove the stems and discard.
- Slice the strawberries.
- Place strawberries in quart size mason jar.
- Fill mason jar with Everclear making sure that strawberries are submerged.
- Allow strawberries to extract for 2 to 3 months depending on your preference of flavor.
- If you want a stronger flavor you can add another 4oz of fresh strawberries and wait another month or two.
- Strain the remaining strawberries (they will be mushy) and throw them away.
- Place the finished extract in your favorite bottles or jars.