Michelle's Pineapple Extract
A little tart, but very sweet. In fact, it's almost as sweet as the person who shared it with us! Michelle is one of the most helpful and welcoming members of our private Facebook group, Making Vanilla by VanillaPura.
There are so many ways to use pineapple extract throughout the whole year! For the fall and winter months, try adding a little to your holiday ham and or cocktails and punches! Of course, this would also be lovely in a homemade Pineapple Upside Down Cake!
- Glass pint jar
- 1 oz of freeze-dried pineapple or until the jar is about 2/3 of the way full
- 12 oz of Bacardi Superior or you can use Vodka. (Rum makes the extract sweeter so if you're wanting a more neutral flavor, we recommend vodka.)
- Place the 1 oz of pineapple into the jar. (Or until the jar is about 2/3 of the way full.)
- Pour in the rum or alcohol of choice
- Switch out the fruit when it loses color (about 4-6 weeks.)
- The extract is done once it's reached the pineapple flavor you're wanting! (Usually 8 weeks until completion.)