It’s hot outside and we have one more week of summer left before school starts! We’re trying to fit in all the summer we can. Which means… ice cream! Not just any ice cream… homemade cherry ice cream. I love homemade ice cream during the summer. Cherry is my very favorite, and we have cherries coming out of our ears!!
This is super easy so you can still go out and have fun while you’re waiting for it to set. No ice cream maker needed! If you like it really sweet try soaking the cherries in 1 Tbsp of sugar. Or for chocolate loving goodness add 1 cup of chocolate chunks.
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- 1 15 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh cherries, pitted and cut in half
- 1 tsp of VanillaPura Madagascar/rum vanilla extract
- In a stand mixer, beat the heavy cream until stiff peak forms.
- When the stiff peaks have formed, fold in the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chunks, cherries, and vanilla.
- Freeze in a bread loaf pan until the ice cream has set.