Valentine’s Day is over and I’m feeling overloaded with all those chocolatey sweet sugary confections. I’m ready for some fresh light and of course, a little sweet, alternatives:).
It’s always around mid to late February when my spring fever kicks in and I start craving fresh fruit and sunshine! Here in Northern Utah,we are still digging ourselves out of several feet of snow. No more gray cloudy skies! Bring on those beautiful Utah blue skies! I’m dreaming of a yummy fresh fruit salad, while sitting outside soaking up some sunshine vitamin D! Who’s with me? For all you spring dreamers, here’s a recipe to fill your fresh fruit cravings. I’ll just have to wait a little longer for those easy going Sunday back porch mornings. Here’s to hoping for spring!
Really, just use your favorite fresh fruits. It can change throughout the year, depending on what fresh fruits are readily available. This recipe is just a starting point. Be creative and change it up!
-1 peeled cored and chopped pineapple
-16 oz of strawberries stemmed and quartered
-12 oz blueberries
- 4 kiwis peeled and sliced
- 2 oranges (save juices about 3 Tbsp)
-1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp VanillaPura Mexican/rum vanilla extract
1. Combine the cut fruit into a large bowl.
2. When segmenting the oranges, hold over a medium bowl to catch any juice. When all the segments are removed, squeeze what is left of the orange over the bowl.
3. Whisk in the honey, vanilla, with the orange juice. Pour over and mix through the cut fruit.
Recipe provided by the Wholesome Dish.