Coffee and chocolate are such a delectable pairing. When done correctly, this combination can make the chocolate taste richer and the coffee feel like drops of sweet silk in your mouth. Earlier this week, Rochelle from our Facebook group, Making Vanilla Extract by VanillaPura shared this recipe and we are so excited to share it in her own words and pictures. We cannot wait to add a few drops of this to our morning coffee and other various desserts.
- 3/4 cup Cocoa nibs
- 3/4 cup whole (regular strength) coffee beans (you can crush up a little)
- Rain vodka (80 proof)
- Pint sized glass mason jar with an airtight lid
- Place the cocoa nibs in jar of your choice I used a pint mason jar.
- Then pour coffee beans on top.
- Cover with vodka up to the rim of the jar.
- Place lid on and give a good shake to mix well.
- Store in a cool dark place for 2-3 months ( test to make sure it's ready), shaking at least once a week if possible.
- Change out Cocoa nibs and coffee beans at least once.
- You may have to add a little more vodka if your coffee beans soak it up and let it set a bit longer.