Nicole is one of our wonderful members of our private Facebook group, Making Vanilla Extract by VanillaPura. A few days ago, she posted one of her newest creations-- peachy caramel vanilla extract. When we first read Nicole's post with this extract, the first thought we had was "peach cobbler in a bottle." We are so excited to share this recipe in her own words and pictures!
- 1 & 1/2 cups Caramel Kissed Vodka
- Three fresh peaches cut and peeled
- Two oz of VanillaPura vanilla beans (We recommend Ecuadorian, Madagascar or Tahiti.)
- Glass jar with air-tight lid
- Cut and peel peaches. (Can use-freeze dried as well.)
- Slice vanilla beans and scrape caviar in the jar.
- Place cut peaches and vodka in jar.
- Keep in cool, dark area.
- If using fresh peaches, strain and remove fresh peaches every 3 weeks and replace with new ones.
Note: If using freeze-dried peaches, there is no need to switch out peaches. Extract will still be done when there is enough vanilla flavor for your liking.
Extract time: 12 months, longer for the vanilla beans to extract into the flavor. Extract is done when enough vanilla flavor is through to your liking.