Mrs. Brown's Homemade Vanilla Pumpkin Spice Extract
How lucky are we to have Nadira Brown as one of the members of our private Facebook group, Making Vanilla Extract by Vanilla Pura? Not only is she a kind and helpful group member, but she is also so generous to share her wonderful recipes that are loved by many!
Earlier this week, she shared her recipe for Pumpkin Spice Vanilla Extract which we thought would be perfect to highlight before fall and baking season have officially begun! We are so excited to share her recipe in her own words and picture.
- 1 oz. VanillaPura Vanilla Beans
- 4 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 ½ Tablespoon Whole Allspice Berries
- 1 Teaspoon Whole Cloves
- 2 Whole Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Vodka (Use any vodka you prefer)
- Pint jar
- Split vanilla beans length wise.
- Break Cinnamon sticks into several pieces.
- Crack whole nutmeg with mortar and pestle.
- Combine all ingredients into a glass pint jar.
- Seal tightly and let stand for 6 to 12 months (Make sure to shake the jar every 1-2 days).
NOTE – This recipe can be doubled and tripled. Makes 8 oz of extract.