JoAnn is one of the wonderful members of our private Facebook group, Making Vanilla Extract by VanillaPura (click here link to join!)
Earlier last week, she shared her recipe for Peach Extract. You can use peach extract to add the natural taste of peaches to ice cream, smoothies custards, and trifles. You can also make a refreshing and fruity Peach Iced Tea or use it in sauces for chicken, seafood and pork. We are so excited to share her recipe in her own words and pictures.
- 3 fresh peaches cut into small pieces
- 2 cups of ever clear ( make sure peaches are covered)
- Place the ingredients in a glass jar with a lid.
- Keep in a cool dark place
- Check every week to check color of peaches, change peaches out when color fades from their bright natural color to a darker color. I changed out on the 21st day. I will change out one more time and see how the extract smells and taste. If needed will do another change out.