This extract is named after the sweet and compassionate person that invented it. Lori is the living embodiment of of vanilla bean sweetness. She is one of the wonderful members of our private Facebook group, Making Vanilla Extract by VanillaPura, and she embodies what the group is all about. Kindness to everyone, helpful to all and never without a smile.
Earlier last week, Lori shared her recipe for her raspberry extract that is a wonderful addition to teas, desserts, smoothies, vinaigrettes, and more. We are so excited to share her recipe in her own words and pictures.
- Freeze Dried Raspberries (no oils or sugar – just raspberries)
- Place 3/4 c raspberries with 1 c white rum (you can use vodka or any fairly neutral spirit)
- Place the raspberries into a glass jar along with the alcohol.
- The freeze dried raspberries tend to float, so shake around often or use a weight.
- Squeeze the berries through a fine mesh strainer when you change them out. They absorb quite a bit of the spirit.
- Change out with new dried berries every 2-3 weeks
- Your final extract should be complete in 10-12 weeks.
- Strain final product through coffee filter to remove all sediments.