How do you make homemade vanilla extract?
Making homemade vanilla extract requires just 8 easy steps:
- Choose your vanilla beans.
- Choose your glass bottle.
- Choose your alcohol.
- Add 1oz of vanilla beans for every 8oz of alcohol in your bottle.
- Close the lid tightly.
- Store for up 12 months in a cool/dark place.
- Taste test with one drop of extract in 1Tbs of milk.
- If you like the taste, it's ready. If not, store another month.
Visit our extract-making guide center for more tips and important information.