My husband has been begging for eggnog. He’s an eggnog junkie. I have to admit, often times we just get the store bought stuff to feed his craving. But when we really want the good stuff we make it homemade with Vanillapura Mexican beans and Mexican\sweet Vanillapura extract. Because, lets face it, good pure vanilla makes everything better!
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp Vanillapura Mexican rum vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of spiced rum. (optional)
- seeds of one Vanillapura Mexican vanilla bean
- ground cinnamon, for topping
- whipped cream, for topping (optional)
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a medium bowl until light and creamy.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the cream, milk, nutmeg, vanilla bean seeds, and salt.
- Stir often until mixture reaches a bare simmer.
- Add a big spoonful of the hot milk to the egg mixture, whisking vigorously. Repeat, adding a big spoonful at a time, to temper the eggs.
- Once all of the hot milk has been added to the eggs, pour the mixture back into the saucepan on the stove.
- Whisk constantly, until mixture reaches 160 degrees F on a thermometer.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and the spiced rum.
- Chill 3 hours
Recipe from girlingamba.com