Niesha is one of our fabulous members of our private Facebook group, Making Vanilla Extract by VanillaPura. Earlier this week she shared her recipe for Mixed Berry Compote which is the perfect addition to oatmeal, desserts, smoothies, and more! We are so excited to share her recipe with her own words and pictures.
- 1 cup of mixed berries (blueberries , blackberries, raspberries and cherries) (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (I like it lemony)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons of water add more if thinner syrup is desired
- 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract made with VanillaPura Vanilla Beans
- Put water, fruit and lemon in a sauce pan on medium heat allow to boil then immediately bring heat down to low, cook for around 10-15 minutes keep an eye out and stir every 3 mins or so
- Add cornstarch and stir really good let it cook for a minute then remove from heat and add vanilla!!
- Enjoy and Thanks!