Who doesn't love the rich and creamy special treat of Bailey's Irish cream? It's the perfect companion to your baking for St. Patty's day. The options are limitless! I had a difficult time deciding this one. But I kept going back to chocolate cheesecake with a little bit of Bailey's and some good vanilla. It's the perfect sweet addition to your St. Patrick's festivities. Top it with chocolate curls or a little ganache and fresh raspberries. Don't forget the green with a single sprig of mint.
While waiting for the cheesecake to bake, add a little Bailey's to your coffee and sip and enjoy your St Patrick's day.
- 1 1/2 cups Oreo crumbs, (2 rows)
- 3 Tbsp butter, , melted
- 4 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 5 Tbsp Baileys Irish Cream OR make your own homemade Irish cream
- 1 tsp of VanilllaPura Madagascar/rum vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, room temperature
CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp Baileys Irish Cream
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine Oreo cookie crumbs with butter and press into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan. Bake crust for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees. Wrap the outside of the pan with foil, so water from the water bath does not get in.
- In a large bowl blend cream cheese, sugar, flour, and cocoa powder together on low speed until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add sour cream, Baileys and vanilla. Mix until well combined. Add the eggs, one at time, mixing to combine. Pour filling into the crust.
- Place the pan in a larger baking dish. Fill the outside pan with warm water, about 1/2 way up the sides of the spring form pan (do not go higher than your foil goes).
- Bake cheesecake for 1 hour.
- Turn off oven, but do not open the door. Leave in there for 30 minutes.
- Crack the oven door and leave in for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let set on the counter (in the water bath) for 15 minutes. Remove from water bath, remove the foil, and chill for 6-7 hours.
- After the cheesecake has cooled make the chocolate curls and whipped cream.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening together until smooth. Spread in a thin layer over the back of a sheet pan. Place in the fridge until set. Remove and let sit on the counter for 3-6 minutes. Use a metal bench scraper or spatula and starting at the edge, scrape the chocolate to make curls.
- To make the whipped cream beat together heavy cream, powdered sugar, Baileys, and cocoa powder using a whisk attachment until you have stiff peaks.
- Spread whipped cream over the top of the cheesecake. Sprinkle chocolate curls over the top of the whipped cream.
- Serve immediately, or store in fridge until ready to serve.
Kudos to dinner dishes and desserts for sharing this recipe.