Fresh Blackberry Pie
Who doesn’t love blackberry pie? Well, it’s blackberry season and I’ve got blackberries everywhere! At the beginning of the season I always start with a blackberry pie. Sometimes I throw in some fresh raspberries too.
To be honest there is nothing really special about this recipe, ONLY that I’ve added a splash of VanillaPura’s Tongan Rum vanilla extract, enhancing the berry flavor with fruity undertones and vanilla. Try it with your favorite fruity pie recipes, you’ll taste the difference!
- 6 cups about 30 ounces fresh or frozen blackberries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch use ¼ cup if using frozen blackberries
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1teaspoon VanillaPura Tongan rum vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees if using fresh blackberries, wash the blackberries and lay them out on a clean towel; gently pat dry. If using frozen blackberries, thaw the berries and drain them of any excess liquid.
- Place blackberries in a large bowl. Add the sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest, vanilla and stir until well combined. Transfer to the pie dish with your favorite crust. Cook for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.