Double Chocolate Berry Muffins
Chocolate muffins are perfect for Mexican, Madagascar or Indonesian VanillaPura extract. My kids love these...I mean love them. It's not uncommon for my mom to drop off a dozen or so of these from Costco because she knows it speaks to her grandkid's hearts. ;) It's their love language.
They are also fun to make! They aren't too hard and there is plenty of room for creativity...like adding blackberries from your own blackberry bush! (I love my blackberries!!)
Here's one of my favorite recipes that uses strawberries, but you can use almost any berry that you'd like!
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped in bite sized pieces
- 1¼ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350* line your muffin pans with liners or grease.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl, stir in strawberries until coated.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs. Whisk in milk, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and mix with a silicone spoon until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a ice cream scoop to evenly divide the batter among the muffin pans.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack and enjoy with a tall glass of milk!
I found this recipe on thedomesticatedgeekblog.com Great place for lots of creative cooking ideas!