Blueberry and vanilla? A match made in heaven! Imagine, Grandma's old fashioned warm and gooey blueberry cobbler. Yum! Blueberry vanilla extract will enhance the delicious taste of fresh picked blueberries with the addition of those deep vanilla tones provided by the Madagascar beans. Add this to your recipes such as, cookies, breads, smoothies, dressings and marinades. Michelle’s recipe is so simple and clean with just 4 ingredients. You gotta try this!!
- 12 oz Vodka - Your favorite you already have on hand. Michelle uses Member's Mark (Sam's Club equivalent )
- 1/2 oz Madagascar Vanilla Beans Cut and split
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (I used Ceylon)
- 1 oz Freeze Dried Blueberries (I used Good & Gather from Target)
- 1 pint Mason jar
- First, add the vanilla beans, then cinnamon stick, berries, and finally the vodka into your glass jar.
- Let it sit in a dark cool spot for about 4 weeks, then strain out berries and remove the cinnamon stick. (You don't want the cinnamon to be too overpowering.)
- Add more fresh freeze dried blueberries to the extract leaving the vanilla beans in the jar for more extracting. (No cinnamon stick)
- Let it sit for 2 1/2 months. (I did a taste test halfway through here, it just was not quite ready. At the end, it was perfect!)
- Strain the berries out but keep the vanilla beans in until the extract is gone.
Here's a video from one of our live extract making parties that shows how to make this amazing extract:
A big thank you to Michelle for sharing her simple and clean Blueberry Buckle recipe!