Alcohol Free and Low-Carb Homemade Vanilla Extract
This version of alcohol-free vanilla extract is only three ingredients and tastes GREAT. It's perfect for gifting and for special diets!
Make new friends, learn a new craft and get 50% OFF your first vanilla extract starter kit by signing up for a virtual extract making class by clicking here and registering today.
- 1oz VanillaPura Vanilla Beans. (Any of our beans will work.)
- 1 pint non-GMO Vegetable Glycerin
- 6oz of water.
Slice the VanillaPura Vanilla Beans vertically. No need to remove anything, just place them into the bottle of your choosing.
Add the Glycerin and the water and place the lid onto the bottle.
Once a week, give the bottle a good shake (after 4 weeks you can shake it 2-3 times per week). Over time, the glycerin will turn dark. Your extract is ready when you take the lid off and you’re overpowered by the fragrance. This process can take a few months!
Leave the vanilla beans in, and they’ll continue to add flavor the longer it's stored.
NOTE: In extract recipes where alcohol is used, like vodka, rum or bourbon, the alcohol content is usually around 35% - 40% in those spirits. That means the remaining 60% - 65% is water. In the case of using pure glycerin, water needs to be added so the full flavor compounds within the beans can be extracted.
Here's a quick video from one of our recent Live vanilla extract making parties of us making this extract: