Why Did We Start VanillaPura?
Because 98% of all vanilla extract sold in the US is synthetic and we believe there should be a gold-standard. We are it. We don't take short cuts. You will see our real, gourmet vanilla beans in every bottle you purchase. We only use five-times distilled, aged spirits. We are 100% pure, as nature intended. Only two ingredients are used in VanillaPura Extracts: Vanilla Beans & Aged Spirits.
There are other reasons as well:
- Because inexpensive, imitation vanilla extract is unhealthy and even harmful.
- Because the industry is so full of dishonest "fake" extract producers, the FDA had to intervene, and the problem still hasn't been fixed.
- Because "pure" vanilla extract producers who follow FDA standards can still use cheap, diluted and adulterated alcohol for extraction.
- Because "pure" vanilla extract producers still bottle in low-quality plastic instead of glass.
- Because vanilla farmers around the world are living in poverty and need our help, as we are currently experiencing global vanilla bean shortages.
- Because the increased cost of vanilla beans is emboldening "cheap" manufacturers to cut costs even more through unhealthy, artificial, synthetic innovation.
- Because you just need to taste for yourself how Tahitian vanilla is fruity, how Madagascar vanilla is buttery, how Mexican vanilla is spicy and how every vanilla bean is different and can be used to make your desserts, cakes, tarts, pastries, and even tomato sauces, seared veggies and glazed proteins even better.
- Finally, because it's healthy...and we all have time for a teaspoon of healthy.
Owned exclusively by the Fulton Family, Jill & Paul have worked and traveled in the Caribbean, Latin America, Africa, Australia & Asia for nearly 20 years. VanillPura is the first company that they created together.
Jill was the Founder and "Idea Chief" behind VanillaPura™. Paul is a business man that has worked internationally in various fields for the past two decades.
(Paul & Jill in Costa Rica)
We are Jill and Paul Fulton, and this is our story...
Several years ago, Jill and I travelled to Mexico on one of my business trips. While I was in my meetings, Jill roamed the streets taking in the local culture. Like many tourists in Mexico, she purchased several bottles of, what we believed, was "Pure Vanilla Extract". We gave some of the bottles away as gifts and others we used ourselves. Several months later, we realized that the vanilla we had purchased was not only artificial, but also likely included additives that are banned in the USA by the FDA. Then, our vanilla journey began.
As we reviewed and researched the vanilla extract market even further, we learned that most vanilla is largely artificial. The cheaper it is, the more artificial additives and sweeteners have likely been used. In addition, finding real vanilla extract is difficult and, once found, the flavors are inconsistent and limited because inexpensive spirits are used for extraction.
During the 2016 holiday season, Jill made pure vanilla extract as gifts for several of our friends and family. She used the highest quality vanilla beans with finely distilled and aged spirits. The result was a pure vanilla extract with bold vanilla tones and authentic tastes based on the origin of the beans. Everyone loved her vanilla and asked for more! So, just like that, our business was born...
We want to create a safe place to buy the very best vanilla extract, made from real vanilla beans and extracted with only the finest spirits. We want to help others become educated about the world of Vanilla Beans and proper extraction techniques.
Finally, we want to source vanilla beans not just from 1-2 regions around the world as most vanilla extract producers do, but from every single region, large or small. Beans from Tonga, Tahiti and other smaller-producing regions are all part of our offering. We want to introduce you to those cultures and we want to contribute to their growth.
$2 from every bottle of VanillaPura extract will be donated to the Pemba Foundation to help them establish new vanilla plantations on the Island of Pemba off the coast of Tanzania.
(Picture above provided by the Pemba Foundation: "[This is] one of Pemba's best vanilla farmers, named Bakari Mataka Bakari, as he plants new vanilla vines, with a grant from our foundation. You can see the forest environment, which he has cleared for now, but which will close in on the vines as they grow, providing the necessary shade. Mr. Mataka is tying the young vine to a support, which he has also planted. The support will take root and grow, and thus be termite-proof.)
(This is Paul (right) meeting with John Angier (left), retired PBS documentary producer and founder of the Pemba Foundation. Paul presented John with VanillaPura's first donation during this visit to celebrate the sale of our 100th bottle of VanillaPura extract! We hope that this was the first donation of many more!)
VanillaPura has become more than just a safe source of pure vanilla extract. It is a culinary, cultural melting pot where you can experience not only the exquisite tastes from regions around the world, but also a source of information and insight about the countries, climates and people who provide our world with vanilla beans. We are learning more about those regions every day, and YOU are contributing to their long-term growth, every time you purchase a bottle of VanillaPura extract.
Of course, all of our products are backed with a 30-day, 100% money-back guarantee. We are confident that you will love our premium vanilla extracts and we hope to see you back soon!
(Site built & designed by Fulton365)