Sweet Salmon Glaze
So this is something that surprises everyone! When you think of BBQ sauce or protein glazes, you don't think of vanilla extract. But you've got to give it a try...and it's so easy!!
Here's a quick and easy recipe for one of my sweet, favorite salmon glazes.
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Indonesian-Bourbon VanillaPura Extract
- 16oz Atlantic Salmon
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line bottom of a broiler pan with foil, then oil rack of pan.
- Boil soy sauce, VanillaPura Extract and maple syrup in a small saucepan over moderate heat until glaze is reduced to 1/3 cup, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange salmon, skin side down, on rack of broiler pan and pat dry. Reserve 1 1/2 tablespoons glaze in a small bowl for brushing after broiling. Brush salmon generously with some of remaining glaze. Let stand 5 minutes, then brush with more glaze.
- Roast salmon in middle of oven 10 minutes. Turn on broiler and brush salmon with glaze again, then broil 4 to 5 inches from heat until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer salmon with 2 wide metal spatulas to a platter, then brush with reserved glaze using a clean brush.