I have blackberries coming out of my ears! And blackberries are my jam;). What makes blackberry jam better? Yep, you guessed it… Tongan vanilla beans! Those fruity undertones will be perfect to add to your jam. Hey, and just so you know, there is so much more to serve with this jam than peanut butter or toast. Although, that’s pretty dang good too!
Pull it out with your charcuterie boards, make the most delicious ice cream topping, or over a yummy chocolate cake, don’t forget the cheesecake. You can also use it for a last minute appetizer. Serve it with some brie and crackers. Don’t forget the wine!
Pull it out of your pantry in the middle of winter
- 1 pound of fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tongan vanilla bean
- Split the vanilla bean and scrap the beans using the back of a knife.
- Place blackberries in a sauce pot and add sugar, lemon juice, vanilla bean. Use a fork to mash the ingredients together and sit aside to macerate for a couple of hours.
- Place sauce pot with ingredients over medium heat. Bring mixture to a gentle boil stirring continuously. Cook for about 10-15 or until thickens.
- Remove jam from the heat and let cool. Store jam in glass jars in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- Or do a water bath for longer lasting jam.
Thanks to barn owl primitives for sharing:)