It's getting really hot! And I’m craving ice cream! I just remembered that I still have a ton of frozen blackberries from my bumper crop last summer. This is a no churn recipe. Pull out your food processor and you'll be ready to go! It's rich and creamy, but at the same time light and fruity. When it comes to ice cream, I've always prefer the fruity flavors over the many chocolate versions. The perfect summer treat!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp VanillaPura Tongan rum extract
- 2 6 oz packages blackberries (that have been frozen solid)
- Mix the heavy cream and sugar in a saucepan and heat until the sugar dissolves. Take off the heat and add the milk and vanilla.
- Cool the mixture and then pour it into a gallon sized zip lock bag. You can set the bag in a bowl to make this easier. Close the bag securely and lay it flat on a baking sheet. Put it in the freezer and freeze solid. I left mine overnight.
- Cut open the bag and break up the mixture into pieces. I used a knife to cut off chunks. Put them in a food processor and process until smooth. This will take a couple of minutes. Scrape down the machine and redistribute the chunks a few times to help your machine out.
- When the machine runs freely and the ice cream is smooth, add in the frozen berries. The machine will take a while, but it will eventually get all the berries pureed into the ice cream. Redistribute the berries a few times during the process.
- Scrape the ice cream into a loaf pan and smooth it out. Cover with foil and place back in the freezer until firm enough to scoop.
Thanks to the view from the great island for sharing:)