Raspberry Limoncello in the works!
It's warming up outside and if you start this now it will be ready for your Memorial Day BBQ or picnics. Who wouldn't want to sip on some nice cold raspberry limoncello. Or add in some bubbly and make it a spritzer! It would also be lovely to add to lemon tiramisu and ice cream. The possibilities are endless! It's a simple recipe and ready in just about 4 weeks!
- 1Liter of 100 proof vodka
- 10 lemons
- 2 small boxes of raspberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Divide a liter of 100 proof vodka between 2 quart mason jars.
- Add peels of 5 lemons to each jar.
- Put in a cool dark place for 3 weeks.
- Add a small box of raspberries to each jar and let it sit another 10 days.
- Make a simple syrup of 1 cup water/1 cup sugar and cool.
- Strain each jar and add 1/2 the syrup to each jar. You can add more or less syrup depending on your desired sweetness.
- Serve over ice or some bubbly to make it a spritzer
Note: If you want, you can leave out the raspberries in one jar, that way you will have one jar of limoncello and the other with the raspberries.
A big thank you to Rachel for sharing her recipe and picture!:)