NEW!! Tahitian Vanilla Beans - Grade B, Best for Extracts
We are pleased to offer real Tahitian vanilla beans! Order just one or many to make your own vanilla extract at home!
(Are you a business or broker? Call or email us directly to order wholesale vanilla beans in bulk by the pound.)
Tahitian vanilla beans have a one-of-a-kind fruity aroma, with cherry/chocolate hints and licorice/caramel tones. It's a flavor sensation when extracted properly and will liven up any dish. Particularly dishes like lemon bars, tarts or orange rolls.
There are 5 types of vanilla bean grown in Tahiti:
- Haapape - The most common version with a relatively large bean and strong aroma.
- Rae Rae - Meaning "Yellow". It is the most fragrant and given its name because the vanilla pods actually turn yellow early in their growth.
- Tahiti - Imported from the Philippines, it is both fragrant and small.
- Potati - Develops into an abnormal shape and is difficult to cultivate for commercial purposes.
- Purahurahu - Long leaves with a pod that is also very long and, therefore, difficult to cultivate.
On a global scale, Tahiti remains a very small producer of vanilla beans. When Tahitian vanilla beans are available and properly extracted, they provide a taste profile that is totally unique and surprisingly sweet.
These Vanilla Beans are of the highest quality and have a rich, dark and fruity aroma. They are very oily with a strong vanilla scent. Grade B Tahitian vanilla beans are usually between 6" and 7" inches long and have a dark brown color. They are often more dry than our Grade A vanilla beans and are perfect for making homemade vanilla extract. Given their brittle nature, they often cannot be cut and seeded prior to submersing them in spirits. Instead, simply break them into multiple pieces or leave the whole. Though they are dry, their essential oils are still locked in and they will produce a tasty, sweet and beautiful extract at a much lower cost.
VanillaPura vanilla beans are a regular choice for professional chefs and are used in 5 star restaurants around the world. We proudly offer some of the most sought-after vanilla beans on the market.
VanillaPura vanilla beans are all shipped vacuum sealed for freshness and should be stored unrefrigerated in a cool, dry and dark place.