Tahitian Vanilla Beans
We are pleased to offer real Tahitian vanilla beans! Order just one or many to make your own vanilla extract at home!
Tahitian vanilla beans have a one-of-a-kind fruity aroma, with cherry/chocolate hints and licorice/caramel tones. It's a flavor sensation when extracted properly and will liven up any dish. Particularly dishes like lemon bars, tarts or orange rolls.
There are 5 types of vanilla bean grown in Tahiti:
- Haapape - The most common version with a relatively large bean and strong aroma.
- Rae Rae - Meaning "Yellow". It is the most fragrant and given its name because the vanilla pods actually turn yellow early in their growth.
- Tahiti - Imported from the Philippines, it is both fragrant and small.
- Potati - Develops into an abnormal shape and is difficult to cultivate for commercial purposes.
- Purahurahu - Long leaves with a pod that is also very long and, therefore, difficult to cultivate.
On a global scale, Tahiti remains a very small producer of vanilla beans. When Tahitian vanilla beans are available and properly extracted, they provide a taste profile that is totally unique and surprisingly sweet.