Tahitian Vanilla Beans - Grade A for Extracts and Baking
We are pleased to offer real Tahitian vanilla beans! Order just one or many to make your own vanilla extract at home!
(Are you a business or broker? Call or email us directly to order wholesale vanilla beans in bulk by the pound.)
Tahitian vanilla beans have a one-of-a-kind fruity aroma, with cherry/chocolate hints and licorice/caramel tones. It's a flavor sensation when extracted properly and will liven up any dish. Particularly dishes like lemon bars, tarts or orange rolls.
There are 5 types of vanilla bean grown in Tahiti:
- Haapape - The most common version with a relatively large bean and strong aroma.
- Rae Rae - Meaning "Yellow". It is the most fragrant and given its name because the vanilla pods actually turn yellow early in their growth.
- Tahiti - Imported from the Philippines, it is both fragrant and small.
- Potati - Develops into an abnormal shape and is difficult to cultivate for commercial purposes.
- Purahurahu - Long leaves with a pod that is also very long and, therefore, difficult to cultivate.
On a global scale, Tahiti remains a very small producer of vanilla beans. When Tahitian vanilla beans are available and properly extracted, they provide a taste profile that is totally unique and surprisingly sweet.
These Vanilla Beans are of the highest quality and have a rich, dark and fruity aroma. They are very oily with a strong vanilla scent. Grade A Tahitian vanilla beans are usually between 6" and 7" inches long and have a dark brown color. They are perfect for making homemade vanilla extract, home cooking or baking. VanillaPura vanilla beans are a regular choice for professional chefs and are used in 5 star restaurants around the world. We proudly offer some of the most sought-after vanilla beans on the market.
VanillaPura vanilla beans are all shipped vacuum sealed for freshness and should be stored unrefrigerated in a cool, dry and dark place.