Save 15% On Your First Starter Kit with Promo Code: STARTER1522 at Checkout.
We've made it easy to start your first chocolate and vanilla extract. Simply choose the vanilla beans that you want and the bottle that you want, and the cacao nibs will automatically be included and you'll be ready to begin. The only thing that we can't sell you is the alcohol. You'll have to get that on your own. We recommend vodka or white rum with no artificial flavorings. Make sure it is between 35% - 50% alcohol (which is 70-100 proof).
What bean should you select? Here's how they smell and taste:
||Classic vanilla that most people begin with. Buttery and sweet.
||Smokey, sometimes dark and often fruity with cherry notes.
||Rich, dried fruit with notes of figs and raisins.
||Light, sweet, fruity with cherries and hints of licorice.
||Caramel/mocha with hints of cocoa and a spicy vanilla kick.
|Peruvian Cacao Nibs
||Included in each kit. Rich sweet and floral chocolate. Perfect for extract making.
This kit includes 1oz of vanilla beans, 8oz of cacao nibs and a 16oz (500ml) glass bottle to give you plenty of room for the ingredients. To make your first extract with this kit, follow these 7 simple steps:
- Pour all the cacao nibs in the bottle.
- Put all the vanilla beans in the bottle.
- If the beans are too tall, cut them in half (or fold them and insert them into the bottle fold first) to make sure they are fully submerged in the alcohol.
- Add 12 fluid oz of alcohol. The cacao nibs may float, and that is OK.
- Close the lid and wait three months. Store in a call/dark place.
- Remove the cacao nibs and leave the vanilla beans. (Don't throw the cacao nibs out! Dry them and make cacao powder or toss them into your cookies or even your trail mix!)
- Close the lid and store the extract with the vanilla beans in a cool/dark place for 9 more months and...BOOM...your very own homemade chocolate/vanilla extract!
There are lots of other tips and tricks to make thousands of different types of extracts at home using a variety of beans and different spirits. If you want to go down the extract-making rabbit hole, click here to dive in!
If you simply want to make your first extract, then choose your bottle and choose your beans within this kit, and you'll be good to go.
Here's a quick 7-minute video to show you how simple it really is.